Saturday 24 March 2012

SUDOKU IS THE ANSWER




Have you ever felt like you have problem after problem piling on and on? Have you ever felt so helpless you just don’t know what to do or where to begin solving the crisis that is upon you?

OK, I’ll stop sounding like someone who wants you to join her cult or whatever.

The thing is everyone has felt like this at some point in their life, right? Well, it’s not like I’m trying to ask you to tell me your problems so I can solve them or anything, but I know I can at least offer a suggestion as to how to approach the issues that are making your life a bit stressful. It´s kinda out there, but please hear me out.

I find that SUDOKU is the best way to help out when troubles ensue. I don’t mean that by solving a grid you will be instantly enlightened and be able to tackle your problems because you just saw the answer in the numbers 1 through 9. For those of you who haven’t tried cracking one of these puzzles before I’ll explain real simple what the point is:  It is a grid of 9 by 9 squares divided in 3 by 3 square blocks, with some of the squares already filled out. The point is to fill in the rest of the puzzle without having numbers 1 through 9 repeating in each row, column and blocks.

To solve a puzzle/ your real life problems you should follow some easy steps:
   1)    Start by the easier ones. As in SUDOKU, some problems have one obvious answer. I know, in a puzzle it is much easier than in real life, but you got to start somewhere, right? You might as well get rid of the sort of issues that are more nagging than oppressive first.

   2)     Possibilities in common. Sometimes you can work out a solution through two major possibilities in common. This can be an aid to put things into perspective, and some matters can be solved at this point, while others depend on the outcome you are hoping for. This part is helpful, but you aren’t quite done figuring all out. So, moving on to…

   3)     Elimination. You can now tackle the obstacles that have one single and absolute resolution. By now, the big things that were the source of your stress should be easier to handle and now you can proceed to remedy them.

These guidelines are great, as I’ve found out myself, but another useful tip, both for Sudoku puzzles and predicaments in life that I’d like to share, is to step away from the whole thing for a little bit. Sometimes you´re standing too close to the big mess you might get overwhelmed, so confusion takes over you making it harder to unravel any trouble going your way. Step away, breath, think of something else, relax and then come back with a clearer head and new thoughts.

Anyway, what I’m trying to say is if you haven’t yet, give SUDOKU a chance. Trust me, it is quite entertaining and also something I like to call “fun for the brain cells”. Man! How nerdy do I sound? And well, approach real life situations the way you would solve a puzzle. It is almost like a zen feeling. Maybe I am attempting to make you join a cult here. One in which we would be sitting on the floor in a nerd/hippie fashion solving SUDOKU puzzles all the while eating M&M’s. Oh, but there will be showers and soap, cause I don’t want it to be that kind of cult.

So, let me know in your comments whether you’ll join what you think about this post! Hope you enjoyed!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting way to solve problems, sometimes we make a storm inside a glass of water, we just need to calm down, breath, and we will find a solutions for our for our small or big problems. Always be positive that it will work out

    ReplyDelete