Thursday 19 April 2012

I WANT TO MARRY JOHNNY CASTLE


Listed below are the 10 reasons why my heart and dreams are set to find a character Patrick Swayze portrayed in the movie Dirty Dancing back in the year 1987.

1) Obviously, he can dance. That’s the whole point of the story, I know, but he’s got some serious moves, so I had to at least mention it.

2) What makes him attractive at first is that you can see that Johnny is a bit of a bad boy, and who doesn’t like that?

3) Although he is a little snarky to Baby in the beginning of the movie, he composes himself and actually starts liking her, even when they didn’t get off to a good start. This means he has an open mind and doesn’t hold on to bad first judgments on his part.

4) Okay, so I’m gonna fess up and say that when he could just be standing there with his leather jacket and Ray Ban’s doing nothing, I find him completely sexy and irresistible, so there.

5) He won’t let his friends down, he helped Penny out and claimed responsibility for her even when he didn’t have to.

6) Like a pointed out on #5, he didn't let Penny down, but then he did something more, he fought for her honor when disgusting Robbie dissed her.

7) He can live on Jujubes.

8) It was very brave of Johnny to face Baby’s father and then tries to speak to Mr. Houseman until he kicks him out of his cabin.

9) He came back for Baby. Of course he would go back to her! He needed that last dance and show off his new moves.

10) And the mother of all my problems: Even if he doesn’t have a stable job (he flinches at the thought of it), Johnny is genuinely happy when he dances, he follows his passion. Although, yeah, he could do something more about it instead of wasting his talent on a summer job at some hotel, or painting houses for that matter.

Anyway, I blame Patrick Swayze’s interpretation of Jonny Castle, for making me be attracted to grown men with unstable jobs, because I know (in theory, at least) that I should aspire for a guy with a successful career, or working hard to achieve that goal. But, no. Not this little gal, no. It’s not like I am hoping to meet a talented man with a lack of vision. It’s not that at all, it’s just that I find myself being attracted to guys with unstable jobs, and maybe somewhat lost when it comes to their professional callings. Keep in mind, as I am terribly unable to socialize (the implication being that I don’t know a lot of guys on either side of this spectrum), what I mean in that last sentence is that when a friend, or my sister, or even my mom tells me “Look at that guy over there, the one in the suit! Isn’t he cute?” I most of the time will respond “You know that waiter/ DQ cashier/ cell phone vendor we just passed was cuter right?”

Maybe, it isn’t that bad to have low expectations from a guy in the sense of if he will or will not be able to provide. I’m not saying that I want to be supporting a sloth or anything, he must at least have a passion and pursue it. Something artistic, or maybe a writer also, or maybe his passion is altruism, and because he wants to take care of others he can’t hold on to a job that will allow him to do so. Who knows? It could be anything, as long as they are following a dream. And my dream is to find one such guy who will tell the world “Nobody puts Clementina in a corner… because she´s hiding there,  eating my Jujubes.”

Image via

No comments:

Post a Comment