Tuesday 10 July 2012

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE. I VIRTUALLY HAVE NONE


YAAAAAAY!!!

Finally! At last! It’s here! I have it and I couldn’t be happier! My all new bright and shiny kitchen!

The other day I posted about me finally acquiring my very own bright and shiny new kitchen, and how it had been a bumpy ride. I’d decided to be patient and calm throughout what remained of the whole process, until, well, that ride got bumpier. Like no- brakes- thrown- off- a- cliff- while- juggling- pigs- in- the- air bumpier.

First off, the guys who were supposed to install my kitchen neglected to tell me that I first needed to make an appointment in person at the Home Depot desk, so when the guy said “Yeah, I’ll come by tomorrow afternoon” he was basically lying. I couldn’t afford to delay the whole thing another week so I asked my brother- in law, Al, to help me install it, and thank heavens, he was eager to comply, since he likes building, installing, and what not.

So, I started unpacking everything and I found that some pieces were missing, which I assumed had been placed inside one of the packages, maybe by mistake, maybe to save on that wrapping plastic that can actually take over all of a living area space. I called my sister and notified her of this and Al said they’d pick me up so we could all go together to claim the missing parts.

We got there, we asked around and got referred to Client Services, where the person in charge realized two things: 1) the girl who made the sale sold me the kitchen separately, instead of as a package deal, which was obviously cheaper, and 2) she charged something in there wrong, and I ended up overpaying. Not good. Al told me I needed to chill, and if necessary not be around even, because that whole patience plan was totally crumbling down.

After much ado, it was settled that I’d have to return the kitchen, I’d get a refund and then I’d buy it back with a refund and the missing pieces. Al tried another approach which was to get the refund plus the missing parts without having to tote the kitchen back to the store. The clerk said nope, no can do, standard protocol. Not getting around that, we bit the bullet and took the kitchen back the very next day, through our own means (we weren’t going to wait around for the store truck to come by), and handed in the kitchen and got the refund back.

When we got to the Client Services desk, there was some other clerk at the desk (of course) and we explained the situation, since we needed them to clear the refund. Want to venture a guess at what he told us? He said “Why don’t I just give you the pieces you need? Less hassle.” That right there made Al lose his cool and now he was kind of like I am when I threaten these people I will punch them in the throat just for not paying attention and not even being on the same page when these kind of situation happens. Honestly, these guys can really put your patience to the test.

Anyway, after even more talking and paperwork we drove off (about 2 hours later) with my new kitchen which, by the way, was the very same one only wrapped in even more plastic.

Between Al, my pregnant sister and I, we managed to build the kitchen in a span of 3 days (we took Monday off) and by Tuesday, more like Wednesday at 1 am, my house was the proud holder of the kitchen that drove me nuts all the way to tears of frustration and then finally joy.

So here’s to you Al, because you managed to keep me from biting people’s heads off, put up the kitchen and remaining patient with me all the while keeping my sis from hurting herself. Although, to be fair, I think her ego got pretty bruised from when she put that cabinet door upside down.


1 comment:

  1. It was 11pm and I really couldn't think very well, I even took 'bout 2 min to realize that it was upside down after you told me. (but I really got worry think that they gave you the wrong doors LOL) I came up with the conclusion that we really don't have patience

    ReplyDelete