Thursday 7 June 2012

WITH MILES TO GO

So, when the world all over is tuning in to Call me maybe, I am practically obsessed with Swedish singer-songwriter Lykke Li. I’d heard her about a year ago when I would put on the Indie category on jukesy.com (by the way, I can’t listen to my music by categories now anymore, what's up with that?) and sort of just bopped my head to the melodic voice in I follow rivers and Little bit.

Anyways, by the time the video of dance like nobody’s watching went viral I kind of got hooked on the song and the songstress as well. For a while now (a big while), I’m Good, I’m Gone, which went out in ’08, is my new hymn, and even though I don’t really know the background that inspired this particular song, and also it took me like 4 years to actually listen to it, I just lo-o-o-o-ve the message of not giving up, and when people laugh at your choices or whatever, well, in the end you will shut them up with what you achieved. Since I’ve been listening to her a lot, I just wanted to share about it through here, and if you hadn’t listened to it (but I mean pay attention to it) I recommend you do, and if you don’t live under a rock like I apparently had, duh, well here’s a refresher, hehe.


I'd also give a listen to Sadness is a Blessing, which actually cheers me up every time a lsiten to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment