Thursday 10 May 2012

MOTHER KNOWS BEST



My mom has been more than just my Mom. She has been my teacher, my therapist, my confident, and many times she has been at the receiving end of countless childish tantrums (a lot of them well into my twenties, mind you).

We’ve had our ups and downs, fights, midnight conversations, adventures, laughs, and heart- breaking experiences, her and I. Even though we don’t always see eye to eye on everything, she has taught me a lot throughout the years. I listed a few of the things I learned from my Mommy, who taught me how to:

-         Always butter the cake mold and throw some flour at it, before pouring the 
          cake mix in.
-         Knit.
-         Remember to check how my toe feels when I’m trying on shoes, to make sure 
           they´re comfortable.
-         Always find humility and apologize after a fight.
-         Conversations are easier over lemon flavored snow cones.
-         Always sort the laundry before throwing it in the washer. And to check every 
           pocket first.
-         Have an awereness of my personal finances, and to prioritize on paying my 
          bills on time.
-         Remember that a Coke is great for when I have a headache or if I’m feeling a 
           little bit down.
-         Always make time for God.
-         Turn my kitchen into a lab.
-         Drive without the goofy look on my face (and to choose a lane).

Image via

1 comment:

  1. She has taught us to be strong, never give up, that we can do anything. We have a great mother and she is still teaching us. I thank God for the wonderful mother He gave us.

    And she did discover the "tostitos" that are delicious and are great with a little and a good talk.

    LUV YOU MOM

    ReplyDelete